As a basis for this investigation I am using Marakon's Framework for Sustainable Organic Growth.
Delivering out-performance on organic growth is a tough standard, but it can be achieved by putting into place the organizational growth building blocks described above and by adhering to the themes that growth exemplars live by:
1. Being a step better most of the time vs. much better some of the time
2. Focusing on where the real headroom is
3. Putting consumer benefit at the center of all decision making and execution
4. Opening the aperture for discovery
5. Channeling ‘bad’ costs into ‘good’ growth opportunities
6. Embedding growth into the company fabric
Companies that turn these themes into action will not only become exemplars in organic growth, but will also position themselves to and invariably become better acquirers, better parents, and superior creators of shareholder value.